So you’ve planned your next vacation, but first, you want to get an important cosmetic procedure so you can have the body you want for your trip. But remember: making sure you have ample time to recover is just as important as deciding which procedure to get.
Common Pre-Vacation Plastic Surgeries
Some of the most common surgeries to get before a big vacation can include a Brazilian butt lift, a gynecomastia surgery (or a male breast reduction surgery), or a tummy tuck. Of course, you may want to choose something completely different— something simple like dermal fillers or a body-sculpting laser liposuction—but remember that the type of surgery you choose will largely affect the amount of recovery time you will require.
When Should I Get My Plastic Surgery?
Making sure your body is healed and that you are in good health before going on your vacation is essential, so always remember to ensure that you have plenty of time to recover from a surgery before you go on your trip. Here are the common time frames to work under when it comes to choosing a cosmetic procedure before your vacation.
- Brazilian Butt Lift: It’s usually good to err on the side of caution and to get your Brazilian butt lift at least 4 weeks before your vacation.
- This procedure uses liposuction to harvest the fat, injections to transfer the fat, and laser liposuction to finish it off for a smooth, tight result (laser lipo is only offered at our facilities as far as we know).
- A compression garment will need to be worn for a time, and there will be only some bruising afterward from the areas that were harvested from.
- Gynecomastia Surgery: Expect to have bruising around the chest area for at least 2 weeks after surgery.
- Wait for your doctor to tell you when it is OK to be out in the sun and to go into a swimming pool of the ocean so that you can avoid any risk of post-operative skin/wound infections.
- Tummy Tuck: It takes about 2 weeks to get to the point where you can take part in sedentary work again, but resuming moderate exercise can take up to 4-6 weeks.
- You will need to wear a compression garment for 6 weeks after surgery (24/7). Therefore, it’s best to give yourself 6 full weeks or so before your vacation to recover from this procedure.
- Since there are several different types of tummy tuck methods available, please check with your surgeon beforehand to get an idea of which type you will need and what the recovery process will be for you individually.
Schedule Plastic Surgery in Manhattan or Long Island
If you’re seeking cosmetic enhancement before going on your summer getaway, contact Advanced Cosmetic Surgery of New York. Our plastic and cosmetic surgeons uphold the highest standards in excellence when it comes to both safety and results. We are available from Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM and until 6:00 PM on Saturdays for free consultations. Scheduling an appointment is as easy as calling 212-206-0023 for our New York City office or 631-499-1831 for our office in Commack.