Summer Body Tips:
At our SmartLipo Long Island practice, as well as our laser lipo New York office in Manhattan, this is the time of year when patients start thinking about their summertime appearance. Hence, we are going to offer a few tips on getting your body ready for summer.
Before you know it, summer will be here and you’ll want to trade in that winter coat for a nice pair of shorts and some sandals. For several months during cold weather, we need to cover up and can sometimes forget about what is going on underneath all those layers of clothing.
Addressing Overall Health
For some of the treatments we offer in our laser lipo New York offices, we advise that patients be at a stable body weight that they are happy with, and intend to stay at in order to achieve optimal results.
To get there, one of the things you can do is detox the body so that it gets a jump start into being well-balanced. By engaging in a short detoxification program you do right at home, you set your body up to burn energy more efficiently and to reduce water retention.
In the end, you will feel healthier and revitalized after a detox, and ready for your summertime cosmetic treatment.
Detox to Cleanse the Body
To rid the body of toxins, plan to perform the following for up to two weeks (a minimum of three days):
- Rejuvenate the liver by drinking warm lemon water first thing in the morning. Squeezing a half a lemon into a full glass is sufficient. Organic lemons in purified water are best!
- Avoid heavy, refined foods, as well as dairy and meat, salt and sugar for your detox period.
- Sweeten tea or organic coffee with honey, Stevia, or organic agave if you cannot live without sweetener.
- Cut out all fried foods and foods with oil during a detox. If oil is necessary for salad or vegetables, use organic cold pressed olive or flax seed oil.
- Put as many raw fruits and vegetables into your meal plan as possible. To ensure you are getting enough protein, add kidney or black beans into a salad, or spread humus into a healthy whole grain wrap.
- If possible, drink one raw vegetable and/or fruit juice each day of your detox program. Juicing bypasses the digestion process and allows nutrients to be immediately absorbed by cells.
- Take a lactobacillus acidophilus supplement to boost the vitamin-absorbing power in your intestines.
Exercise for an Energized Body
There isn’t much that compares with feeding the body from the inside out, especially before treatment in our laser lipo New York centers. However, exercise is a great way to feel healthy and energized, as well as to maintain a healthy weight.
In fact, we do recommend that patients keep up a regular exercise routine that includes aerobic exercise as well as strength training in order to maintain the results they achieve with laser liposuction treatment.
Don’t Delay Being Proud of Your Body – Call Us Today
You deserve to feel great every time you leave the house. Very soon, it will be time to shed the heavy clothes and opt to show a little skin in capris, shorts and even a bathing suit. Be ready by starting now with your healthy diet and exercise routine, and with a visit to one of our conveniently located offices.
Contact us today!
*The information on this page is not intended to be used as medical advice in any way. Always consult with your doctor for any health related concerns and before starting a new diet or exercise program. Smartlipo is a trademark of Cynosure, Inc.