Winter Skin Tips:
During the months when the mercury drops, it’s fun to snuggle up in front of a roaring fire with those you love. While these times of warmth may be soothing to the soul, they can wreak a bit of havoc on your hair and skin.
That’s why our skin care specialists are here to help!
Even if you move away from the crackling fire, the fact remains that forced air heating results in a drier environment; which in turn dries out your hair and skin. Take a look at these winter skin care tips.
Skin Care 101
Elements that are Vital to Your Vitality
Combating the effects of dry air seems pretty straightforward, right? For the most part, this is true. However, there are certain things that tend to get missed during the busy holiday season when skin is at its most vulnerable.
Our cosmetic surgery NYC and Long Island centers offer plenty of skin rejuvenating treatments; but let’s look at some of the best ways you can ensure your skin maintains health from the inside out.
- Drink plenty of fluids. When the weather outside is warm, a tall glass of water is refreshing. During colder months, you can easily forget to hydrate with lots of water throughout the day! It’s important to drink about 64 ounces each and every day for optimal skin and hair health. Try drinking hot herbal teas for a warm, comforting drink without the dehydrating effects of caffeine.
- Vitamins are essential to a glowing complexion, as we would like to point out to our readers. In particular, vitamins A, B and C keep skin strong and allow it to create healthy new cells. Further, vitamin C rebuilds collagen!
- Noshing on foods high in Omega-3 fats is a great way to feed skin the proper nourishment full of anti-oxidants. Snacks like walnuts and blueberries are widely available during winter months and make for a tasty treat.
Tips for Outer Vitality
Your skin can be nourished from the outside as well. However, true health and beauty will come from what you consume and the health you create on the inside, so remember to balance the application of lotions and potions with a well-rounded diet and plenty of water.
Further, our cosmetic surgery NYC and Long Island skin care specialists also recommend eating fruits and vegetables that are high in water content such as celery, melons, and tomatoes.
Tips to consider:
- Avoid those super hot showers, as they leave skin in great need of hydration.
- In the shower, gently exfoliate skin using a bath mitt or loofa and mild soap. For a powerful facial exfoliation, rub fresh lemon juice onto the face and leave for thirty minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water and enjoy a healthy glow!
- Mix up your own fragrant body oil using vitamin E and other nutrient rich oils such as avocado oil or jojoba. Add in a few drops of your favorite essential oil fragrance and you’re skin is in for a great treat after showering. Apply oil when skin is still damp to lock in all that moisture.
- ALWAYS apply sunscreen, all year round.
Your skin reflects your overall health. Don’t let the winter weather sap you of the vitality you want to show on the outside!
Get a Free Skin Care Consultation in our Cosmetic Surgery NYC or Long Island Centers
Visit our Long Island plastic surgery and NYC locations for your convenient winter weather treatment skin care plan! Contact us today to learn more.
*The information on this page is not intended to be used as medical advice in any way. Always consult with your doctor for any health related concerns and before starting a new diet or exercise program.