Men – if you’re suffering from a medical condition called gynecomastia, you are not alone. We hope the following statistics will help you understand that while you may feel as though you’re the only man out there, you’re not.
The statistics reveal that male breast enlargement is a common condition.
- Between 60 and 90 percent of newborns are born with gynecomastia.
- Half of boys in puberty are suffering from the condition.
- And as many as 70 percent of men who are 50 years or older develop enlarged breasts.
- Each year, there are up to 3 million cases of gynecomastia reported.
- One in 3 young adults and 1 in 2 older adults experience breast enlargement.
- Drugs attribute to approximately 25 percent of all cases of gynecomastia.
- Some studies have found that an additional 25 percent of gynecomastia incidences have no cause at all.
- Gynecomastia can also be caused by a genetic disorder, such as Klinefelter’s Syndrome, but it’s rare. Only 1 out of 500 to 1,000 males experience gynecomastia due to this syndrome.
Treatment for Gynecomastia in New York & Long Island
As the stigma of cosmetic and plastic surgery has decreased, many more men are seeking gynecomastia correction surgery. In 2015, 15.9 million procedures were performed. This was a 2 percent increase from the previous year.
At Advanced Cosmetic Surgery of New York, we take this medical condition seriously. We want our patients to know they do not have to worry about anyone finding out about their surgery when they choose our cosmetic and plastic surgery offices in New York. And you can be confident in speaking with us because we protect your confidentiality according to HIPAA privacy laws.
We understand that having enlarged breasts can be embarrassing. That’s why we offer free consultations with our surgeons in a closed, quiet room to discuss the matter to its fullest. Information is the best way to ease anxieties for many conditions, especially male breast enlargement.
A male breast reduction procedure will reduce the size of your breasts, so that you can have the physique and contour that you want. This transforming surgery can bring back your confidence and love for yourself.
All you have to do is call to schedule an appointment with one of our surgeons to discuss the steps to having the surgery.
Our offices are located in Manhattan and Commack, Long Island for your convenience. We are open Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM and until 6:00 PM on Saturdays.
We look forward to helping you, and to restoring your self-confidence.