It’s always important to research how people feel after receiving a plastic surgery procedure. Their level of satisfaction determines how likely other people are to want the same procedure.
Post-op surveys can also provide valuable information that can be used to improve rhinoplasty for future patients.
As medical professionals, the feedback from our Commack, Long Island and New York, NY is invaluable to us in being able to constantly evolve in order to provide patients with a stellar experience.
Researchers from the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York and Georgetown University Hospital in Washington teamed up to use a FACE-Q patient-reported outcome tool to gauge the level of satisfaction after a rhinoplasty.
The tool identifies:
- Satisfaction with Facial Appearance
- Satisfaction with Nose
- Social Function
- Psychological Well-Being
- Quality of Life
The Results of the Study
After surveying a significant number of people with different demographics, the team found:
- Women were more likely to report they were satisfied with their facial appearance and quality of life.
- Men also reported satisfaction with their facial appearance, but not quality of life.
- Caucasians were more likely to report they were satisfied with their facial appearance and their quality of life, while non-Caucasians did not feel both of these improved.
- Patients who were 35 years or younger were more likely to report they were satisfied with the results of their procedure.
- Income seems to affect satisfaction. Those who earned more than $100,000 reported being happier with their facial appearance and quality of life compared to those who earned less than six figures.
To read the entire study, find it in the Aesthetic Surgery Journal.
Your Satisfaction with a Rhinoplasty
Just because patients over the age of 35, those that earned less than $100,000, and non-Caucasian patients reported they weren’t as satisfied with their facial appearance and quality of life, that doesn’t mean you won’t be happy. Rhinoplasty is a highly individualized procedure, so results vary from person to person.
At Advanced Cosmetic Surgery of New York, we are committed to giving you all of the information you need to make a well-informed decision. With a free consultation, people just like you can come in and discuss the changes you would like to see with your nose. One of our highly qualified plastic and cosmetic surgeons will examine your nose and facial balance to determine what is ideal for you.
Give us a call today in Long Island or NYC, New York for more information on how the Advanced Cosmetic Surgery Team can help you improve your appearance with rhinoplasty.