Abdominoplasty Surgery Expectations
Abdominoplasty, also known as a tummy tuck, is a surgical procedure that is used to help make your stomach look firmer and more toned. Our expert tummy tuck Manhattan & Long Island surgeons will remove excess fat and skin from your lower and middle abdominal region as well as tighten the muscles to give you an overall more toned look.
In order for you to know if a tummy tuck is right for you, you should thoroughly research the procedure. Our staff and surgeons are here to answer any questions that you might have and want to provide you with the information you need.
What to Expect During Surgery
Having a tummy tuck can be scary if you do not know what to expect. Operations often vary in scope but generally, the same steps are used.
- First, the surgeon will make an incision that stretches from one side of your hip to the other in the pubic region.
- Another cut will be made to separate the navel from the rest of the skin.
- The skin will then be disconnected from the abdominal wall so that he can view the muscles that need to be tightened. These muscles will then be tightened using sutures.
- To sculpt your body (if this procedure is selected), the surgeon will often use liposuction.
- After the fat is removed, a dressing is applied and any excess fluids are drained.
After surgery, our abdominoplasty NY surgeon wants to help you to heal as quickly as possible. Here is what to expect from your recovery process:
- Recovery generally will take up to four weeks, depending upon the scope of the procedure.
- You should try to avoid doing any kind of strenuous physical activity during this time period.
- During the first week, bruising and discomfort will need to be managed with pain medications (which we will prescribe you).
- You must wear a supportive abdominal binder (compression garment) to reduce swelling and support the healing tissue.
- A full recovery can take three to six months or so and scars will fade further thereafter.
A tummy tuck is a great way to gain that slim and sleek look you’ve always wanted. Our abdominoplasty NY surgeons will work closely with you so that you feel comfortable throughout the entire process. Check out our website to get more information or to make an appointment today in NYC or Long Island.