Your coworker comes into the office one day looking refreshed and rejuvenated. A close friend of yours breaks the news that her new gorgeous figure is the result of a tummy tuck procedure in our cosmetic surgery New York City centers.
This gets you to start wondering about your own magical makeover with the help of plastic surgery.
Despite the casual nature people treat it with, cosmetic surgery is actually a big deal. Some of the treatments are fully invasive and take months to heal.
Before you’re ready to go under the knife, you need to make sure you are ready to take the next step toward surgery.
Checklist Prior to Treatment
Be sure to take the time and actually think about why you want cosmetic surgery. Do you think it will help improve your life? Should you do what all of your friends are doing or listen to your heart?
You should also consider:
- How can this new “altered appearance” help you? Will it boost your self esteem?
- Do you think you’ll get more friends or be asked out on more hot dates?
- Will a cuter nose or enlarged breasts actually make you happier?
- Are you prepared for the financial costs of having surgery? Have you put aside enough money to pay for it?
- Do you think the surgery will give you the appearance you wish for?
If You’re Truly Ready to Take the Plunge, Here’s How You Know
- You Know Exactly What You Want: Whether you’re having liposuction, a breast augmentation, or Botox, knowing exactly what you want is very important. Make sure to express that during your consultation with our plastic surgery Long Island surgeon.
- You’ve Done the Research: You’ve read up on the surgery, the risks involved, and the recovery time. You’re not walking into the procedure blindly and you know exactly what to expect.
- You Know How You’re Paying for It: Instead of dipping into your savings or not paying your bills for a month, you’ve put aside enough money for your tummy tuck.
- You Don’t Have Unrealistic Expectations: If you’re 50 and think a facelift will make you look like you’re 18 again, then you’re not ready for cosmetic surgery. Just keep it real.
- You’re Doing It For You: You’re not increasing the size of your breasts for your husband or getting Botox to get more friends. It’s only for your own personal happiness.
Free Consultation with the Best Cosmetic Surgery New York City and Long Island Surgeons
Surgery in our centers means you’re being treated by the best cosmetic surgery New York City and Long Island surgeons! This is a big decision to make, so be sure you choose the right surgeon. You really need to be prepared in every way possible and to know that you are truly ready.
Give us a call today at 212.206.0023 or 631.499.1831 for a free consultation!