Women want to look and feel their best. Sometimes, the aging process can get in the way of feeling that way. For that reason, plastic surgery is becoming more popular with women of all ages.
Ladies around the globe have decided to preserve and enhance their beauty with cosmetic surgery. The following are the most popular plastic surgery procedures that women decide to have.
ASPS Stats on Plastic Surgery for Women
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons receives reports from plastic surgeons in the United States indicating how many people seek plastic surgery and which procedures they select. These results are from women in 2013 (the most current report available).
- Breast Augmentation: The top female cosmetic procedure is breast augmentation with 290,224 women. This was a 37% increase from 2000.
- Eyelid surgery: Eyelid surgery comes in at a solid second place. This procedure helps reverse the signs of aging in the eye area. Approximately 185,200 females sought this particular facial plastic surgery.
- Liposuction: Liposuction was down two percent from 2012, but still came in at third place with 176,259 women deciding to have it done.
- Nose Reshaping: Nose reshaping comes in at fourth place with 163,662 females going through with the procedure.
- Facelift: Up 5% from 2012, facelift surgery is the fifth most popular cosmetic surgery with 120,621 women having it done.
As you look at this top five list of the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures for women, you can see women are most concerned with looking younger, increasing their bust size, and reshaping their nose and body. Does this fall in line with the parts of your body that you’re most self-conscious about? If so, now you know you are not alone!
Find an Expert Cosmetic or Plastic Surgeon
The next step is to speak to our highly-qualified plastic and cosmetic surgeons about which body areas you’d like to enhance. The Advanced Cosmetic Surgery of New York team is ready to help you with your decision.
We offer free consultations because we know you want all the information you can get your hands on when it comes to plastic surgery. Simply call our offices today at (631) 499-1831 in Long Island or at (212) 206-0023 in NYC to schedule your consultation. Our surgical suites are AAAHC accredited and are located in Commack, Long Island for your convenience.