The effects of aging are difficult to ignore, and many people are turning to our face lift New York practices for a bit of help in restoring a more youthful appearance. This highly beneficial procedure works by precisely lifting and tightening loosened facial muscles.
The treatment is also often accompanied by liposuction to remove small amounts of excess fat that may lie beneath the surface. Where there are various facial rejuvenation treatments that can plump lines and relax muscles, the facelift procedure is the only permanent solution to the loose skin that ages the face.
While treatment in our facelift NY facilities will restore your facial contours to a more youthful state, this procedure does not stop the hands of time. For that reason, it is wise to consider the various ways that the results from this facial plastic surgery procedure can be maintained as the years go by.
Guidelines for Lasting Facelift Results
As a part of our comprehensive patient care practice, we want to educate our patients on how to do just that. Ample benefits are possible with the following:
- Not smoking. Patients who smoke are advised to stop this habit before ever having surgery of any kind, as the chemicals in cigarettes, smokeless tobacco, and even nicotine gum can impede the healing process.
- Following a facelift, continued cessation of smoking will only further benefit the skin as well as the body. Beauty really does come from the inside out. Eliminating exposure to the harmful chemicals found in cigarettes therefore enhances beauty immediately as well as in the long term, as smoking accelerates the aging process.
- Practicing sun protection. It is a well-known fact that exposure to UV rays is extremely detrimental to the skin. While the sun is good for us in some ways, by supplying the body with vitamin D, direct exposure without protection encourages dryness, age spots, wrinkles and even spider veins.
- Through the daily application of a safe and effective SPF 30 moisturizer or sunscreen, the skin is amply protected against damaging rays. Sunscreen is important regardless of the daily forecast. The sun’s rays are just as potent on a cloudy day as they are on a clear one.
- Hydrate from the inside out. We tend to generously apply lotions and facial moisturizers to keep skin smooth and supple, but it is also what we do to feed our body that makes a difference in the appearance of skin.
- Consuming at least 8 full glasses of water each day – more if you also consume caffeine on a regular basis – is key to helping skin get what it needs in terms of moisture.
- Heat also affects the skin, and so hot showers should be traded for those that are comfortably warm. Immediately following a shower or face-washing, moisturizer should be applied.
- Weight control. When we gain a significant amount of weight, the skin on various body parts will have to stretch to accommodate a changing shape. Especially as we age and have less natural production of skin repairers, it is necessary to eat a healthy diet and engage in regular exercise in order to maintain optimal skin health.
Our Double Board Certified Facelift NY Surgeon Offers Free Consultations
To experience first-hand the renewal that only a facelift can provide, contact our face lift New York offices in Long Island or NYC for your free consultation. Our facial surgeon on the Advanced Cosmetic Surgery Team has over 30 years of experience.
To read further into facial and eye rejuvenation using fat transfer, click here.