Labor Day is next month. Can you believe how fast the year has flown by?
If you’re like many of us, your New Year’s resolution to eat better, exercise, and finally fit into that pair of jeans you love may have gone by the way side. It’s hot outside; you’re busy with the kids because they’re out of school; you went on vacation. … The “reasons” go on and on.
Remember, today is a brand new day. Today is a chance to break those unhealthy cycles of eating poorly, skipping exercise, and making excuses to “start tomorrow” instead.
Here are some tips to help you get back on track and ready to show off a brand new you by the time the holidays are here.
Making a Combined Effort Is Key to Success
Weight loss, fitness, and overall health are not individual tasks; they are combined efforts that serve to help you reach your goals when put together.
- Take advantage of fresh vegetables and fruit. Summer and fall are a great time to eat nutritious veggies and fruit because there are so many in season. Buy asparagus, strawberries, and peaches in summer and pumpkin, apples, and sweet potatoes in the fall.
- Drink plenty of water. It’s important to keep your body hydrated during the summer. When you’re dehydrated, you can feel lethargic and hungry. Worse yet, women in a recent study that didn’t drink enough water lost 187% less weight than those who changed nothing about their diet but drank ½ their body weight in ounces daily!*
- Count your caloric intake. Calories add up quickly when you eat high calorie foods. Eat healthy and track your calories using an online or mobile app such as My Fitness Pal. This is one of the best ways to lose extra pounds without any confusion (or math!).
- Exercise regularly. Exercise burns calories and revs up your metabolism helping you lose weight. Focus on trouble spots by doing weight-bearing exercise to firm them up.
- Lower stress levels. Stress can cause you to eat more, sleep less, and pack on the pounds due to an increase in cortisol production. Don’t let stress get you down like that! Try some stress relieving techniques such as deep breathing and yoga to help you manage the stressful demands of life.
Try These Tips for a Few Months
Eating right, exercising, and lowering your stress levels can help you change the way you look and feel about yourself. For some people, certain areas of the body simply won’t respond to weight loss or toning (you can thank genetics for this!).
The good news is that a plastic surgeon can help. When people aren’t able to see the expected effects from their healthier lifestyle changes, they often seek SmartlipoTM to help them get closer to their goals. SmartlipoTM is a minimally invasive procedure that uses laser to liquefy fat.
After removing the fat, many people are surprised by how much slimmer, tighter, and more gorgeous their abdominal, thighs, or other problem areas look. They are thankful that even though they couldn’t do it with diet and exercise, they were able to do it with an effective procedure like SmartlipoTM.
For more information about laser liposuction, contact Advanced Cosmetic Surgery of New York. Our highly-qualified plastic and cosmetic surgeons will sit down with you to discuss how they can help you get the body you want just in time for the holidays. And no more need for New Year’s Resolutions!
Consultations are free, so call us at our Commack, Long Island or Manhattan office today. We have plastic surgery financing available to those with good credit with options such as zero down, low interest, and low monthly payments.
SmartlipoTM is a trademark of Cynosure, Inc.
*Source: First For Women Magazine – Issue from the week of July 28th.
*The information on this page is not intended to be used as medical advice in any way. Always consult with your doctor for any health related concerns and before starting a new diet or exercise program.